Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm back to the land of the working...





Holidays are so much better than work. If they could create a job where you would continually be on holidays I would go to school for as long as it takes to become the top in my field...field...get it? Why do all my holidays involve a wheat field somewhere? hmmm...thoughts of home.

Speaking of holidays and home, when we pulled into Moose Jaw late Thursday night guess what I found out?! BAND FESTIVAL WEEKEND! Woo hoo! Oh I remember those days. So much fun...but so different from the band festivals/trips of now. The students had to stay in their rooms after 10pm or they'd be kicked out of the hotel and one of the chaperones sat in a chair in front of the elevators all night to make sure no one snuck out (although the windows did open so you could sneek out if you really wanted to). It was so nice to be home. To see grandma and take her shopping and hear her bitch about my uncle. She's so cute. When I have access to the pictures I took in the 'jaw I'll post them.

Crescent Park is so pretty...

So we did relax. We did connect. We did have fun. And yes, we did end up doing stuff. Went up the tourist trap (aka sulphur mountain gondola). $23.50 per person! Then had lunch up there. We kept saying 'its our anniversary...just close your eyes and hand over the credit card'. Got some great pictures. Funny thing? I was wearing pretty much the exact same clothes as i was the last time we were up there and took pictures....3 YEARS AGO! Hahaha! That's what happens when you bring along your only orange old navy hoodie. Yep. Other funny thing? Theres pictures of me...pictures of Rob...but no pictures of us together...hahaha! Guess we'll have to photoshop both of us in to some beautiful landscape. Photoshop us in skating on the lake at Lake Louise. Now that would be funny.

If you're ever in Banff and want to go for a nice relaxing dinner check out 'The Maple Leaf' on main street. And try the pork tenderloin. So yummy! Featured on 'the thirsty traveller'. It was soooo good! Oh and sit in the lounge. the chairs are super comfy!

So now we're back...and the house hunting begins again. yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home