Thursday, November 30, 2006

talk to me baby...

I want to be a jazz singer...

Not tour and do all that press stuff. Just stand in front of a crowd in a red silk dress with my piano player and stand up bass player and sing torch songs.

I know. pretty odd coming from the rock chick...

But those of you who KNOW me know that I love jazz. Female jazz vocalists mainly. Last night I dug out my old Holly Cole cds and put them on my iPod. I can't believe they weren't on there before! Personally i think that holly cole is waaaay better than diana krall (she has more personality in her voice), but diana is good too. Molly Johnson is wonderful as well (also has a cd that just came out). So is Cassandra Wilson (her version of Tupelo Honey live on CBC After Hours is like silk...). It just occured to me that all the women I mentioned are Canadian...hmmm...something in the water?

What would be on my set list? Hmmm....
Calling You
My Baby Just Cares for Me
Aint No Sunshine
Songbird
Landslide
Tango Till They're Sore
I Want You
Tennessee Waltz
Everyday Will Be Like A Holiday
Georgia
My Foolish Heart
Girl Talk
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
Completely
Tupelo Honey
He Loves Me
A Nightingale Sang In Berkley Square
I've Got You Under My Skin

and various others that I cant think of right now...probably rock tracks reworked...

So if you see a blonde on your drive home singing in her car at the top of her lungs...this time it's not the 'we will rock you' soundtrack...its just me belting out some cool jazz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home