Friday, November 03, 2006

a painful smile...

yeah so i'm pretty uninspired right now. I supposed I should wait till I am inspired to write something but that could be a while so I thought I'd jot down a few thoughts as they run rampant past my mind. Brace yourself...

Am I full of myself for blogging? It has occured to me in the past few weeks that all I (or we) do for that matter, is blog about ourselves. Our pain. Our joy. Our blatherings. Meanwhile we live in the western hemisphere! We have a roof over our heads, electricity in our homes, food on our tables, and whatever we think we are lacking or 'poor' in is no match for those who live in third world countries where poor and surviving have true meaning. We think we're poor when we've got $5 in the bank, when, if we were somewhere else in the world we'd be considered rich! You think heatbreak is a family member ignoring your phone call, a friend being distant or a lover leaving you. But they're still here. You can see them. You can touch them (if they let you), you can hear their voice. Sure they may not be the words you want to hear, but still, their voice is audible. See what I'm getting at?

We seriously need to get over ourselves sometimes. Its not about 'me', its about 'we'. And the moment you realize that this world is so much bigger than your little environment you've closeted yourself into, then your life becomes something different. Something inspiring. Something adventurous. Something you want to live and not miss a moment of. Think of the time wasted wallowing in 'self', when that time could be spent bettering the world? You may think 'how can I? I don't know where to start?'. Do this...smile...stand in front of your mirror and smile. Tears may come and you may think that you dont' have the right to smile, that you don't want to smile, but DO IT. Then take a step out your front door and smile at the first person you see. They may think you're crazy, but do it anyway...crazy or not, guaranteed 95% of people will smile back. You just made someone's day, whether they know it or not.

(Dont get me wrong, I'm not trivializing pain. True pain. But living in that pain and letting it suck the life out of you is another thing. Sometimes enough is enough. Suck it up. Don't try to 'understand' pain. Pain is pain because we don't understand it. If we did understand pain, it wouldnt be so painful. right?)

Not bad for someone who started this post uninspired...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home