Friday, January 26, 2007

obessions for the week....

In no particular order:

*cleaning my wedding rings. makes them sparkle more
*the new delirious 'now is the time' dvd/cd from willow creek. amazing!
*my gingerbread juicie hand lotion. yumma!
*turning on the fireplace as soon as i get home
*cereal in the morning
*new free podcasts on iTunes
*tvlinks....oh the fun i've had....
*extra virgin olive oil + balsamic vinegar + sundried tomato&feta bread = yummmy! (you dip, like at earls...)
*my new bangs
*my new book (which i only bought last night and only started reading after i came home from yoga at 9pm and am currently on chapter 8...no i didnt bring it to work, its at home and i only read it last night...its just that good!)
*oh and making my mom laugh at yoga...the instructor is very bendy...

oh and i kicked that pigeon pose's a$$ last night....apparently i'm very bendy too!

One thing i was contemplating this week is my relationship with the internet. True i'm using it right now to communicate with you, but it occured to me at the beginning of the week that i may be spending too much time here (shocking!), and visiting sites that dont necessarily feed my soul. so i've cut out about 90% of the junk sites i visit (i still have to go to a couple in relation to my job). I figure i spend more time pouring over perez and people and devouring msn scoop than i do reading the things i should be reading. things that feed my soul. things that will enrich my life. so yeah, cutting them out. gone. finished. and frankly i havent missed it. why do i need to know what beyonce said to jay-z while sitting sideline at a knicks game? why do i need to know that britney decided to finally go buy underwear? does it enrich me? does it feed me? does it help me to help anyone? the answer is no. and to be perfectly honest it makes me more cynical, more jaded, more self absorbed when i read those things. why not read something that actually matters? thats affecting the world around us? i could go on and on and on, but really? think about it; in 5 yrs is anyone going to care what a celeb did/didnt do in '07? but they will care what politicians/activists/leaders did in '07 to inspire change...

think about it....

so i leave you with todays amazing (but true) fact:

The brand name "Jelly Belly" was created in 1982 after Nancy Reagan made a much-publicized quip about her husband's 20-pound weight gain.

toche!

later,
-a

p.s. i'm on this weekend. anyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home