Tuesday, February 13, 2007

my night at the grammys...2007 edition...

I will preface this blog by stating that I didn't actually watch the whole grammy broadcast...but what I missed I caught on youtube...

Oh the Grammy's. The event where everyone and anyone who thinks they're a musician or aspires to be a musician (see scarlett johannson), or wants to date a musician (see scarlett again) is out in full on rock star mode and are shamelessly flogging thier latest/upcoming cd (see jamie foxx),

This year I thought the Grammy's were good. Not great. But good. Hence the reason why I didn't watch all of it (that and the fact that I was at my parents for 1/2 of the broadcast...and couldn't keep my eyes open when the later feed came on). So if I take it a little easy on people its b/c, well, its my blog and I feel like it!

First up:

Clothing!
Best :
Jennifer Hudson (man that girl keeps getting better and better!)
Mary J (I'm glad she burned the big bird outfit she wore last time!)
Leanne Rimes (couldnt tell the front from the back but it was fabulous!)
Mary J (again) in the red halter. Is it just me or did she get more beautiful as the night went on?
Vanessa Minnillo - got the metallic look right!
Corinne Bailey Rae - simple, injenue. pretty.

Worst :
Hillary Duff: ummm...ewww! looked like a hooker with a bad dye job
Fergie: always good for a WTF? did she make that thing out of tin foil? I dont care if its Badgley Mischka Couture....JUST DON'T!!!!!
Imogene Heap: ummm...wow...gives helena bonham carter a good name!
Beyonce: is it just me or did it look like she took a bedsheet and wrap it around her and secure it with some major bling she found in her grandmas jewlery box?
Christina Aguiliera: the dress was nice, it was the pumpkin skin...blech!
Beyonce: yet again...ummm you'd think the stylist would warn you that the dress might be see through with back lighting...

Perfomances....
*well the tribute to the eagles was meh....bland....white bread....which is fitting seeing as though it was a bunch of white boys on the stage....oh and carrie underwood....
*tribute to those who have died this past year was awesome. especially the tribute to james brown. the cape on the mic stand....so touching...
*Christina Aguilera singing James Browns 'it's a man's world'. girl! you brought the house down!
*Mary j....so amazing. she is the consummate performer. every time I see her on stage she puts everything she has into it. All of herself. She is fan-flippin-tastic!
*Beyonce...I am so over you...and the fact that you got passed over for an Oscar nom so now you're taking it out on all of us! Take a hint from your song and just sit down and listen! Stop the singing! Oh and honey...you don't have to use your vibrato on EVERY SINGLE NOTE! Enough!

But by far...the best performance....out of nowhere...

Corinne Bailey Rae, John Legend, John Mayer...

this. is. music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhJKSseiPXE


So today I leave you with this amazing, but true, fact:

Scandinavian berserkers used to cut out their eyes before battle to spare themselves the sight of the carnage they invariably wrought.





I wish I would've known that before i saw beyonce's see through vajayjay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home